Monday, March 10, 2014

Invisi-Me

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 12:2

I'm that girl who could never solidify her space in the popping girl clique in school because I was missing the it factor. I was invisible, or at least it felt that way, and so I told myself that I had to do more to get more. I wasn't comfortable with myself, and never felt comfortable around others. I didn't need help finding my imperfections because that was all I ever saw. I was my only friend, I didn't fit in anywhere, and I was too different to blend. I'm the one who was always over looked. I began to get so far away from myself that I began to allow those around me to dictate the specifications of my character. Therefore, I resolved to embellish my finer qualities and prohibit my weaknesses from ever appearing in public so that I could look strong, invincible, courageous, and outspoken.

The desire to matter and feel significant was so important to me that I was willing to trade my purpose for the approval of others. I was so pressed to be accepted and embraced that I denied those that loved the best of me. I was so uncomfortable in my skin that I neglected the development of my attributes and I failed to invest time in my goals and dreams. Yet, in the midst of all of that I was still unhappy. I was still discontent with my situation, I was still angry, I was still weak in spirit. I was invisible.













By the grace of God, I learned to depend on Jesus. I learned that sometimes people are just going to dislike you whether you did something to offend them or not. Not everyone that says that they love you, actually loves you. Not everyone who says that they support you, actually means what they say, so be mindful of the pedestal that you put others on. There are people in this world who only seek to abuse, misuse, and mistreat others and they don't care about your affiliations or even who you are as a person. There are people in this world who will do everything they can to manipulate you, strip you of everything you have, and leave you for dead. There are people in this world who are conditional and the way they feel about you and act towards you is solely dependent upon their mood, but you know that already.

You already know that without your assets, some people you call friend don't acknowledge you. You already know that some of the people in your circle are using you to get ahead, and then working to leave you behind. It's literally time for you to take the next step in life, but you're so busy holding on to people pulling you back that you're delaying your progress. It's not about hurting anyone's feelings or stepping on anyone's toes, this has everything to do with you accepting who you are and walking in the call that God has placed upon your life.

I failed to realize that before I was conceived in my mothers womb God knew me. Before people knew me, God knew me. When I was down and out and I felt alone God was present, comforting me every step of the way. When the people around me were the main ones spreading rumors and lies, God protected me and taught me the ways of a true friend. When I let myself down by giving up and doing everything I could to sell myself short, God never allowed me to do so much damage to the point where I was unable to recover. The sufficiency of God's grace completely outweighs my diligence and faithfulness to his ways, and although I can not repay God for all that he's done, living a life of worship is a good place to start.

Let the world see your light, you have a beautiful spirit. Let the world experience your creativity! You're more than talented, you're anointed! It's your doubt that's holding you back. Free yourself from yourself, get back to the old you, the you that had a servant's heart. Get back to the you who was excited about new possibilities everyday. Get back to the you who once sang along with the radio regardless of the fact that singing is not your strength because it made you happy and it allowed your possibility to bless those around you. You're not invisible, God's sees you, and if you trust him and give him your life everyday may not be your best day, but it's all the more bearable because his spirit within you.

Let us bow:
Heavenly Father,
Thank you for all that you've done. From waking us every morning to new mercy and new grace to our renewed opportunity to get it right with you. Teach us to trust your work in us that we might find pleasure in the uniqueness that you've bestowed upon us. Lord lead us and guide us so that we won't fall victim of the traps that people set before us. Hold our hand that we may never feel alone, be with us so that we never question your presence. We love you and honor you for it is in your name that we pray, Amen!

No comments: