Monday, June 16, 2014

A Reflection: Bloggerversary Edition


Sometimes everything within me says, QUIT! Stop, what you're doing and give up! Is it really worth the effort, time, and trouble? Feeling as if you're the only one giving 100%. Feeling as if, if you're not the one to do it, things won't get done. By myself, I'm expected to be this super human because so many people are watching me. I'm expected to never make mistakes, to never be seen sad in public. It's my responsibility to make life look easy. In the presence of mom and dad, I'm just as anointed, gifted, saved, sanctified, fire baptized, and filled with the spirit of Christ as I want to be. However, in their absence, who am I? What do I stand for? When I'm with my church friends we talk about Jesus. But, when I'm with my friends that aren't so churchy, what type of spirits do I allow into my personal space?

You thought that when you got saved that life would be so much better than this. You figured that since you gave your life over to Christ that he wouldn't allow your power at home to go out, or that you would ace a test that you didn't have time to study for. You thought that life would become perfect and that you would feel as if you're on cloud nine. Yet, it seems as if it's become the complete opposite. It seems like life has turned a cold shoulder. You're in a place where your back is literally and spiritually against the wall. You've called on God in despair, and you're trying to figure out whether or not he's heard your cry. You've done everything possible, exhausted all of your options, and still you feel hopeless.

When your school work is piling up and it seems like teachers begin to assign work in which you have a lack of understanding, and you're ready to throw the towel in. When your friends and people you trust begin to start acting funny, like they lost your phone number when you need them the most, but miraculously find a way to get in touch with you when they need something. When your mother and father begin to respond to your indirect cries for help in a manner that does not reflect that they understand. When you look in the mirror and can only see what God did wrong and not what he did right in your eye sight. When the young man you like, likes your friend. When you didn't get accepted into the school you thought you would get into with your eyes clothes. Where is the God that you serve, and why does it seem like his plan is working against you and not in your favor?

It may not look like it, smell like it, or seem like it, but everything will work in your favor. Don't get frustrated. This is an opportunity for your patience to grow. You can only soar like an eagle if you wait on The Lord. Everything is not meant to be solved over night. Understand that when God moves, he moves, and the word of God says that if you trust him he we lead, guide, and direct your path.

Today's marks one year of a conversation that we started 52 weeks ago here on the Survival Guide. Here we are one year later a little better, wiser, and spiritually stronger. Together we've talked about everything from haters to healing and it's been one crazy ride. We've seen good times and extremely bad times, sometimes we experienced great victory and other times we felt so defeated that we didn't feel like waking up in the morning, but here we are still making it.

This blog was birthed out of a strong desire to connect with other kingdom minded individuals to uplift, encourage, and enlighten. To let somebody know that their life is worth living and that trouble won't ever last always for the scripture tells us that, "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning"(Psalm 30:5). Letting us know that every attack against our progress and well-being has an expiration date. The Survival Guide has been a digital journal where you've allowed me to be as transparent as God would allow and the growth has been tremendous.

I don't know what's next, but I know that God has it all under control. I've enjoyed sharing with each of you on a weekly basis and I ask that you continue to pray my strength in The Lord as I pray yours. Thank you for reading, thank you for sharing, thank you for inspiring me and pushing me to stay on my knees in prayer and to stay in the word of God that I might continue to grow in his grace. I love each and everyone of you.

Let us bow:

Lord,

As you've guided our conversation that we might grow in your word. As you have blessed us beyond a reasonable doubt. As you have loved us when we failed to love ourselves, kept us in spite of out carelessness, and protected us regardless of our bad decisions; we just wanted to take a moment to say thank you. Thank you for your son Jesus. Thank you for your word. Thank you for understanding and a heart to want to understand more about you. Thank you for your peace, thank you for eternal life. Thank you thank you thank you. Lord we know that if you decide to do nothing else for any of us, you've already done enough. Therefore, we say thank you yet again for it is in the mighty name of Jesus that healing occurs, breakthrough is experienced, life is restored, and we pray, Amen!

No comments: