Monday, July 8, 2013

Your Deceit my Deliverance

If I had one penny for every time that someone volunteered their opinion, on how I should allow God to use me I would be able to quit my day job, and live comfortably. Some church folks feel so inclined to share every aspect of their perception, without recognizing the effects of what that negativity does, it's sad. As a young child singing in the choir sometimes all I wanted to hear was... you can do it, keep going, keep pushing, keep trying, but that wasn't always what I got. Not everyone who said that they were proud was proud. Not everyone who said that they prayed my strength, prayed for me at all. When that became evident my feelings were hurt. I'd never seen so many people tear down a young child just to see their child hold the microphone for two minutes. After a while so called friends distanced themselves, and I felt isolated. In the most fragile of places spiritually I was kicked, lied on, mistreated, called everything, but a child of God, and it hurt, but I never quit, and that's really all that matters.

People will deceive you and do everything that they can, to convince you of the fact that they are all for your betterment and success when really they are awaiting your downfall.

Like Judas Iscariot, they will follow you everywhere you go, and betray you the first chance they get (Matthew 26:48-49). Like, Simon Peter they may deny the fact that they even know who you are in a moment of panic (John 18:15-27). Sometimes it may even be family members gathering together at family functions plotting against you, as did the brothers of Joseph (son of Jacob) who sold him into slavery. In fact, if we turned off the church hugs, nosey text messages, and empty conversations some of us may find that some of the opposition that we face in ministry is not people we barely know, it's friends who will do anything to make sure that the ministry does not grow unless their name is tagged as Ministry Leader in Charge.

You were faithful to the ministry until something happened. Something changed, someone, some situation discouraged you and caused you to fold on the inside, and say "ain't nobody got time for this”, and you quit. You were once so passionate about the Ministry, and its potential to do great things until someone came along and said, “that’ll never happen", and you were so disappointed to the point where you gave up on the vision that God showed you. I'm here to tell you that quitting, and giving up are no longer options on the table, you tried it, and it didn't work. That passion is still on the inside of you, and the assignment and call that God has upon you is still there. I'm reminded of Joseph at this point and the moment in which he set the record straight by letting everyone know that things worked out according to God's plan. Even though his brothers meant to harm him, and to break his spirit it was all a part of God's plan. "But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive" (Genesis 50:20).

No one can keep you from what it is that God has for you, just continue to stay in God's will and way. Never allow the voice of others to be louder than the voice on the inside of you.

1. Forgive immediately: One of the worst things you can ever do is hold a grudge. Unforgiveness is a very heavy weight to carry, and it yields nothing, but more hatred and more anger. Scripture tells us to, “be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you", (Ephesians 4:32 KJV). It’s time to forgive! The truth is that there are going to be people out there that dislike you for no specific reason, but you've still got to love them with the love of Christ Jesus. You will come in contact with liars, cheaters, stealers, and others and the key is to forgive and forget. Yes forget, if we are to forgive as Christ forgave us, then we are to forget as Christ consistently forgets when we repent for our sins. Forgive, consistently, ask God to create in you a clean heart.

2. Be Strong: When people intentionally say and do things to harm you personally it’s not an attack on you, but an attack on what God has placed inside of you. Be strong and of good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, it is he that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee (Deuteronomy 31:6).

Know that you can make it, tell yourself that with God's help you can make it. Seek not validation from man because man may let you down, but God is all powerful, he can do anything, but fail. Trust God to work out the logistics and take a leap of faith. It is your time to stand up for God. Be a witness and let the world know that even in your darkest hour God is a present help, and that if you trust in him he will order your steps and direct your path.

Let us bow

Lord, I come humbly as your servant first saying thank you for being God, and the protection that you have granted me even now. Lord, there are people out there who legitimately cannot stand the air I breathe and the space I occupy, but you've protected me. Teach me to trust you more this year, teach me to love you more this year. Forgive me for my sins and short comings, restore unto me refreshed joy and a renewed spirit and mind. Please don't allow hard times to become contemporary excuses for stagnation. Allow the joy of your spirit to forever be present within my life. Strengthen me Lord that I fall not victim of the spirit of defeat in fact I speak victory in the name of Jesus. Victory in my situation, victory in my life, victory in my home, victory on my job, victory in school, victory any and everywhere the enemy might attempt to come and cause confusion. I thank you in advanced for a renewed perspective of the work of your hand in my life God. I thank you for making a way like only you can. Lord, I ask that you bless those who insist on setting traps for me. I ask that you bless those who plot against me, and work diligently to make sure that I do not succeed in the task that you have set before me. I thank you in advance for moving on my behalf and making all things new that I might reflect the light of your Glory in my life. Bless us and keep us all in the mighty and matchless name of Jesus I pray Amen.

No comments: