Monday, March 24, 2014

The Walking Dead


When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.
Psalm 27:2-4

Everything is everywhere to the point where I feel as if my surroundings are about to consume me. I want to be different and I want to stand for Jesus and turn my life around, but I worked too hard for this reputation and I'm not going down without a fight. Wait, I didn't know that things would get like this. I never thought that the people I counted on, the people I would give my life for would turn their backs on me. I would take a bullet for anyone of them any day without question. I would give them the shirt off my back, without thought and now those same people have betrayed me. They've betrayed my trust and broken the sacred allegiance that we shared and now I fear for my life. I can't out run a bullet so I watch my back at every turn. The street upon which I once found comfort, I now find myself avoiding at all cost. I have no choice, but to sacrifice my pride  because right now today I'm out numbered.....the odds are not in my favor.

The multitude of those that hate me increase not even by the day, but by the minute. My once friends, now enemies ,have it out for me and won't be satisfied till I'm dead and gone. So, I live in fear hoping to escape this space and place not just physically, but mentally. I'm a wreck so I take a hit of this and a shot of that to ease the pain, but when it fades away I'm awakened by the harsh reality of a self inflicted pity party hosted and facilitated in honor of my pathetic life full of bad decisions and misguidance.

Yes, I've heard about the church and I've heard of a man name Jesus, but to me nothing seemed to make sense. Why would a God that they call great allow so much agony and pain to roam the world? Why would a "good" God like your God allow my father to kill my mother right in front on me? What's good about a God who took everything that I had, leaving me with nothing? What's good about a God who allowed me to be homeless and jobless for ten years before I got hip to the hustle? Nothing seems to be making dollars and it's just not making sense to me. Something's got to give!

If the blood is still running warm in your veins you have purpose. God's still got work for you to do. Everything that you've been through is preparing you for the place that God is taking you. Testimonies come in all shapes, sizes, ethnic backgrounds, political affiliations, cultural identities, and geographical locations. Deliverance comes in a wide variety of ways as well, but understand that even before your inception God was looking out for you. That time when you could've lost your life, but you didn't, that was God's grace. When you managed to eat and have a place to lay your head at night although your funds were in the negative bracket, that too was God's grace. When the drive by was in the neighborhood, but didn't come by your house that was mercy. When there was a gun to your head, but some how you managed to get away from a sticky situation with your life that's mercy, and that is only a scratch on the surface of the reasons upon which we thank God and give him praise.

God was with you in your low place giving you the strength you needed to carry on. God was working on you even when you felt as if your back was against the wall. God has protected you from detrimental harm regardless of the fact that you once rejected him in your heart, and that is why he's a good God. Not a day has passed that he has forgotten to wake you up and breathe the breath of life into your nostrils. Not a day has gone by that he hadn't protected your front, back, and sides from those who prey on you hoping that you will soon fall into the trap that they set for you. God has granted you the resources necessary for you to have what you need and has even given you a safe haven. He's granted you clarity of thought and action and the activity of your limbs. God has granted you favor and abundance in places that you're not yet able to see because all you see is what you think you see right now. You aren't  realizing that it's an illusion designed to distract you from your purpose and the prosperity that God has for you. I encourage you to take a step forward and encourage yourself. Take a leap of faith and give your whole self to God. Don't just love God because you need his healing and delivering power from the ruff time that you've had in life, but continue to love God and become another ambassador for the kingdom of God. After all salvation can be found in the depth of your soul at the low price of free. Scripture says in Romans 10:9 that all you've got to do is" Confess with your mouth The Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead.." And you shall be saved and have a right to eternal life. God is capable of anything, but failure and he's more than capable of turning not only your life, but your situation around. John 10:10 states that, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." It was never promised that life would be easy, but with Christ in your life it's made all the more bearable, enlightening, and rewarding.

Let us bow:
Dear Lord,
We come to you because you said that you are the way, truth, and light and that no man can come to God unless they go through you and so we first ask that you forgive us of our sin and shortcomings. Then father we ask that you create a clean heart in us and renew our mind that we might begin to make better decisions. Help us that we might become better and do better. Make us over that we might become more like you, walking in a manner that is pleasing in your site. Teach us how to pray that we might be Ernest in our request and faithful in our commitments to you. Shift the atmosphere around us that it no longer facilitate the spirit of fear, but one of power, love, and of a sound mind. We know that there is nothing that takes place outside of your will so have your way Lord, have your way. Lead us and guide us, be with us and bless us that we might be able to tell those who are where we've been about a savior is able to do anything, but fail. Bless us and keep us for it is in the name of Jesus we pray, Amen!

No comments: